scoilneasain.ie YouTube Picasa n1 n2 r1 r2 r3 r4 r5 Inis Oírr r6

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Time to Escape

Time to Escape


“Yo, ya! Freeze!” 

Why did I have to steal lettuces from a wizard? What was I thinking? Now I was frozen in marble. The only way I can be freed is if bird poo from the Orange – Bellied Cuckoo lands on my nose. “Oh, great.”

Meanwhile, across town, a rare bird collector, Sir Falcon Nest, was examining his treasured birds. “It’s now or never” thought the only Orange – Bellied Cuckoo in the country. “Time to escape”. He flies out the open window over the wizard’s garden. Looking for a good place to rest, he sees the statue and perches on its nose. “Ahh”…

“Freedom” I shout as I run out of the garden. “Eugh” I wondered, “what’s that on my nose?”


Cillian

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cillian,
    It sounds like bird poo on your nose might be a small price to pay for your freedom, but I can understand your disgust. Mind you, it is a very rare and precious bird, so it might be quite an honour!
    I love how you made the statue a wizard in your story, as that is quite different from some of the other 100wc ideas that I have read.
    Well done!
    Michelle, Team 100wc,
    Melbourne, Australia

    ReplyDelete