scoilneasain.ie YouTube Picasa n1 n2 r1 r2 r3 r4 r5 Inis Oírr r6

Thursday, March 4, 2021

The Halloween Party

The Halloween Party 

By Senan Ó Dorchaí


I was having a Halloween party at my house. There were different colour balloons and me and my friends were playing football with a brown balloon. I kicked it and knocked over a glass frightening my Mum. She said “Did you do this?” I said “I would never!”. But then, my sister said she saw me do it and my Mum’s temper exploded. I was in trouble, big time. My Mum said “no sweets for a week!” Between me nearly losing my sister’s ball and my bike it all added up. But I said, “starting after the party!!”. Ha!

The End


4 comments:

  1. very funny senan ���� i love the way that you used the last line

    ReplyDelete
  2. Senan,
    The narrator seemed rightfully sorry for the mistake, but also rather wily to think so quickly about revising the punishment. Clever. I would agree having no sweets during a Halloween party would be cruel and unusual punishment-- far beyond what was deserved, for a seemingly innocent accident.
    Keep writing.
    Mrs. G., Team 100, Guilderland, NY, USA

    ReplyDelete