scoilneasain.ie YouTube Picasa n1 n2 r1 r2 r3 r4 r5 Inis Oírr r6

Friday, March 26, 2021

Marmite

 Marmite

By Grace Ní Súilleabháin


John went downstairs for breakfast on Monday morning and saw marmite on his toast. He hated marmite. He thought it was so disgusting, he couldn’t bear the sight of it. He had the first bite of it, “yuck” he said “I hate marmite” and spat it out. He asked his Dad for a nicer breakfast instead of what he had. His Dad said he had to eat it because if he didn’t he would have no energy for school. They had a big debate about marmite. “I hate marmite”, said John. Then his Dad exclaimed “No”, he said “ I like marmite”. “You either hate Marmite or love it I guess”.

The End

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Grace, this was so good! I hope you enjoyed writing this, because I enjoyed reading it. I thought it was so funny when John spat out the yucky marmite. You use speech marks so well, so you should be proud of this piece of work. You are so good at letting the reader know how John is feeling, which is very impressive. My favourite part was when John and his Dad had a big debate. 'Debate' is a tricky word, and you use it very well. Overall, amazing work this week, Grace! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete