scoilneasain.ie YouTube Picasa n1 n2 r1 r2 r3 r4 r5 Inis Oírr r6

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

The Orange one spoke first

The Orange one spoke first


              “ What if they had won?


            They would have been the first team from Sligo to have won.

 

           Dervil could have been beaten.


           They didn’t take the chance”


           Or so I thought………….  



“Nooooooo!!!”I was deflated .The  orange team didn’t win Ireland’s Fittest  Family.

“IT WAS TOO CLOSE” The teams took it in turns to speak about the programme.The orange one spoke first.I listened intently .My mum asked  did I hear the breaking news? I said no  the ref made a mistake 

I thought she was pulling my leg!! Turns out the orange team did win after all  !!


Orla

3 comments:

  1. I love how you used "pulling my leg" instead of "joking"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Orla
    A great sign of a good writer is when they write about something they know about and Ireland's fittest family has been all over our television screens for the past weeks. Well done on linking it up with the prompt for the 100 word challenge. I love how you turned the story around at the end when you thought your mother was"pulling your leg" - great phrase! Well done. Excellent writing for the 100 word challenge.
    Máire O'Keeffe (Team 100wc)
    Galway, Ireland.

    ReplyDelete